Child of ..child of whom? Each of us is a potential “child of...”. If the child is able to multiply the traits of his parents, there can be a problem.
The "child of" is almost always considered not up to the talent of his famous parent and the points against him could be the following:
- The father / mother was a genius (usually they become heroes when they are very old or very dead).
- The past is more credible than the present because we know the outcome.
- The “son of” or “daughter of” needs to be given his/her own identity, perhaps based on what he/she is capable of, and not measuring on the talent of his/her famous parent.
- It is said that genius always skips a generation, then, according to this logic, the "children of the children of" will surely have more luck.
- The general public needs the “child of” without quality to talk about.
Whatever the category.. we all remain “children of...”